Whales and Winter Wildlife Excursion
Experience a fun and educational trip on a two hour cruise searching for whales and other winter wildlife. Plus, learn more about marine life at the Virginia Aquarium.
Since 1989, Virginia Aquarium boat trips have engaged adults, families, and student groups in coastal marine ecology by providing opportunities to see dolphins, whales, and other marine life in their natural habitat. Trips always feature professional educators to provide interpretation, volunteers with special training to answer questions, and an assortment of bio-facts and visual aids to add a hands-on element to the trip. Staff also collect data on whale and dolphin sightings.
Whales and Winter Wildlife Excursion Offer Includes:
- 2 night minimum
- Oceanfront room
- Passes to the Virginia Aquarium
- Winter Wildlife boat excursion
- Special welcome gift
- Whale sightings are not guaranteed
- See below for schedule (subject to change)
- Please make your time request at time of reservation.
For current schedules and cancellations, visit online at virginiaaquarium.com or call (757) 385-FISH.
Things to Remember:
- Dress warmly! It will be a few degrees colder on the water.
- Wear hats, gloves, heavy socks, scarves and non-skid shoes.
- Binoculars and cameras are recommended.
- If you are prone to sea sickness, check with your doctor before booking your trip.
- All of our trips conveniently depart from the Virginia Aquarium dock, adjacent to the Bay & Ocean Pavilion parking lot, and include a cruise through Owls Creek.
- All programs incorporate the most up-to-date information about marine life off Virginia’s coast and to provide additional hands-on activities.
- Each Sea Adventure adheres to all responsible wildlife viewing guidelines, which ensure our trips do not disturb the animals.
Offer subject to change based on availability, dates selected and unforeseen circumstances. Black-out dates may apply. No additional discounts apply. Other restrictions may apply.
January 1 – March 5, 2017
Saturdays & Sundays: 10am & 2pm
Advanced reservations required. Weather permitted.