Student/Youth Group Resources
Beach Safety Guidelines
For further information, contact the City Attorney’s Office at 757-427-4531. Unless otherwise stated, the “season” is from 6pm the Friday before Memorial Day through 6pm Labor Day.
You must be at least 21 years of age to consume, possess or buy beer, wine and liquor. You may not carry open or unsealed alcohol in public places or in vehicles.
Bicycles are not allowed on resort sidewalks or the oceanfront boardwalk but are encouraged to use the bike path right next to the boardwalk.
Juveniles 18 years and under are prohibited from public places between the hours of 11 pm and 5am, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Portable stereos must be kept at a reasonable volume to avoid disturbing others.
Resort Beach Activity Regulations
Playing ball and throwing Frisbees and other aerial objects are prohibited on the sand beach (between the lifeguard stand and ocean), the boardwalk and the grassy area west of the boardwalk to the property lines from 10am-4pm weekdays and 10am-6pm on weekends and holidays, from 6pm on the Friday before Memorial Day through 6 pm on Labor Day. Courtesy volleyball nets are available on a first come, first-serve basis at 25th, 30th and 40th streets. Roller skates/blades and skateboards cannot be used on the grassy area next to the boardwalk, bicycle paths, oceanfront parks, public restrooms and sidewalks from 6pm on the Friday before Memorial Day through 6pm on Labor Day. Only roller skates/blades can be used on the boardwalk as long as it doesn’t interfere with or endanger pedestrians.
2nd, 17th, 24th, and 30th Streets
Virginia Beach Student Services
Virginia Beach CVB Tourism Office
Musical Group Performance Opportunities
- 7th, 17th or 24th Street Stages, 757-385-4800
- Armed Forces School of Music, 757-462-7509
- Busch Gardens/Water Country, 757-253-3350
- Christopher Newport University, 757-594-7018
- Museum of Contemporary Art, 757-425-0000
- Douglas MacArthur Memorial, 757-441-2965
- Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 757-368-3000
- Lynnhaven Mall, 757-340-5636
- The Mariner’s Museum, 757-596-2222
- Nauticus, Celebration Pavilion, 757-664-1000
- Newport News Park, 757-886-7911
- Ogden Hall, Hampton University, 757-727-5213
- Sandler Center for Performing Arts, 757-683-5000
- Student Dinner Theater, 888-426-3746
- Town Center Plaza, 757-498-0215
- Virginia Aquarium, 757-385-7777
- Virginia Beach Farmers Market, 757-385-4395
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools, 757-263-1080
- Virginia Beach Convention Center, 757-385-2000
- Virginia Beach Parks and Leisure Office, 757-219-2550
- Norfolk Waterside, 757-627-3300
- Beach Street USA
- PANorama Caribbean Music Fest
- Neptune Festival
- Holiday Parade at the Beach
- Norfolk NATO Festival
- Virginia International Tattoo and Virginia Arts Festival